I Open At The Close

Having reached the end of page 759, I find myself at the end of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows.

And I find myself sad, feeling as though I've lost an old friend. That in no way alludes to the ending of book 7, by the way. There are no spoilers to be had from me. It simply speaks to the fact that there will be no book 8.

Harry Potter is, after all, a seven book series.

In "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", Ginny Weasley says: "The thing about growing up with Fred and George is that you sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve."

I'd say the same of anyone lucky enough to grow up with Harry Potter. I, obviously, read these books as an adult. I can't imagine the impact they've had on a child who began reading them in 1997.

Anything's possible.

::::: | Sunday, Jul 22 2007 at 7:54 PM

Comments:

mandedah said:

I was sad too, even though, you know, it wasnt, I mean, no spoilers, but, I miss them all so much, and now it is over, and I feel kind of empty...

::::: | July 28, 2007 8:54 PM

Alex said:

Great Book, its mind blowing that it all fit so well throughout 7 Books. You'd think she'd have made a flaw somewhere, but I haven't heard of one

::::: | July 29, 2007 10:08 PM

And Book 1 was the first book she ever wrote! How amazing that the first thing she ever got published was the first in a seven part series.

AMAZING!

::::: | July 29, 2007 10:13 PM

Sanne said:

Hi there. "i open at the close" was what i was searching for with google and now here i am at your blog. i just finished the last book of harry potter and what you are writing is absolutly what i am feeling. the only thing that makes me feel better is: i can reread every book whenever i want to :-) best greetings from berlin, sanne

::::: | July 30, 2007 6:59 AM

Jena said:

I was googling "Open at the Close" because I was looking for the lyrics by Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls (totally recommend, btw) and I came across your blog. Anyway, I started reading the series in 1998 as an eight year old child; I'm now 18 years old. The thing about Harry Potter and reading it as a child and growing up with it made me believe that just about anything was possible. I cannot even begin to tell you how the series impacted my life - all for the better. I grew up with these characters. As an introvert, they were my friends. Now that I've moved to college, I've found myself regressing into childhood more and they've kept me so sane. I love the books and the series and everything they stand for.

The quote about growing up with Fred and George? So true. :)

::::: | January 12, 2009 8:33 PM

carrotsgirl said:

i again was searching for i open at the close - oliver boyd and stumbled across your blog.

i started reading the books at the age of 5 (i was a very early reader) i am now 15 and am completely obsessed with Harry Potter.

I never knew JK Rowling could write something so beautiful. I wish i could read all the harry potter books for the first time again.

x

::::: | March 18, 2009 11:39 AM

Please type the letter "q" in this box