Bitches I Won't Miss When I Someday Leave This Joint

It's not that I'm looking forward to the day when I eventually move out of this loft. It's a great space.

The main room is huge, huge, huge, with three equally huge windows that stretch seven and a half feet wide by eight feet tall (each divided into six panels with nice wood trim).

It's a corner unit... the windows follow along two walls. It's sweet.

But that doesn't mean all is bliss in my little polka-joyland. It isn't. And with that in mind...

...It's time to single out the bitches:

::::: | Sunday, Jun 19 2005 at 11:42 AM

Comments:

bonnie said:

Hmm. I don't have a washing machine, air conditioner, or a dishwasher.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have those things. Other times it's nice to not have to deal with them.

::::: | June 20, 2005 1:03 PM

There's a man from G.E. here this very moment fixing the dishwasher. The first tool he pulled out?

...his laptop.

Is it a high tech world or what.

::::: | June 20, 2005 1:13 PM

Mari said:

Posts like this are the highlights of my day... I know that sounds somewhat pathetic, but the humanization of inanimate objects makes me giggle...

Someday I hope to run into you and D somewhere and find out if you are really as funny as you seem to be :)

Good luck with your Revolt of the Appliances (and Carpet) 2005!

::::: | June 20, 2005 2:26 PM

Andy said:

You wash pillows? I didn't even know that was possible. I just assumed pillows were objects of shame that you hoped guests never took the covers off. Hmmmm... That sounds gross when I put it in print.

::::: | June 27, 2005 1:43 PM

...that's why I wash 'em (grin)

::::: | June 27, 2005 4:30 PM

Hydra said:

Yeah, hmmm...I tried washing a pillow once. I was drived to desparation by the dog pee (!!!!) that was on it. It was quite an ordeal. This pillow was in some sort of case that wouldn't soak in much water. So I had to keep shoving it underwater in the washer til it sunk down. THEN, after the machine was done, the pillow was still filled with water. So much water that I could not lift it out of the washer! Water's heavy! I had to cut the pillowcase just to get all the water out.
Based on that experience, I really don't think washing pillows is a good idea. I should have cut my losses and bought a new one!

::::: | December 7, 2005 9:25 PM

Please type the letter "b" in this box