Triple R: Rob's Releationship Rules
A sampling of the many rules I live by when it comes to moving from 'dating' to a 'relationship.'
- Rule #1: You are cute - in my eyes that is.
- Rule #2: You're a good kisser.
- Rule #4: You are sincere.
- Rule #9: Conversation is your friend.
- Rule #s 14 through 16: No cell phone during sex. One incoming call max during dates - or when we're eating - or doing pretty much anything else. You get the idea. Also, no cell phone in bed. Especially not when... well... y'know... [see rule 14]
- Rule #22: Status symbols suck.
Rule #22a: Kate Spade is a whore. We will agree on this. You may feel the need to shout "Fuck her AND her $435 handbags!" though this is not required. It's completely up to you.
- Rule #31: You do more good than harm, (a.) both in work and (b.) in life.
- Rule #42: You understand this to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything. OK, maybe you don't - and frankly, I don't care either way... it's just a silly thought that popped into my head when I got to #42.
- Rule #67: You know that we're not going to the movie if we'd miss even part of the previews, let alone being late for the film itself. You'll be OK with this. You might even go so far as to pretend skipping the movie because we were going to be late was your idea.
- Rule #81: My 'quirks' are cute.
"Even the fucked up ones?"
Especially the fucked up ones. Hey wait a minute...! What fucked up ones?
This is my 9/11 post dammit. An event such as what happened in this country three years ago today serves as a reminder - at least for me - that life is too short, so we should focus on that which matters most whenever the opportunity arises. For me, what matters most is LOVE, Happiness, Learning, Laughing - and Sharing.
"...every chance I get to put a smile on someone's face, I will take it, believe me..."
[a quote from "Too Many Happy Faces" by the band K's Choice]
::::: | Saturday, Sep 11 2004 at 6:16 PM
Somewhat new to your site. Really enjoyed this post.
Will definitely keep returning. You do great work.
::::: | September 12, 2004 7:58 PM
::::: | All Content © 2004-2016
::::: | Jalpuna is hosted by DreamHost