The Secrets To Living A Happy Life
- Breathe in.
- Breathe out.
- Enjoy art that inspires you in some way. I'm listening to The Postal Service right now. Art is food for the brain. Eat up!
- Enjoy a glass of red wine. Don't just drink it. Enjoy it. Lose yourself in it - even if just for a moment. Someone worked hard to create that flavor for you. Marvel in it because there's beauty there.
- Talk with a friend. If you don't have enough good friends, seek new ones. Get involved with social groups or volunteering - or anything that helps to meet new people. Tonight, I volunteered at the Community Cycling Center with a very good friend [who loaned me her Postal Service CD. Lucky me!]
- Learn something new. Then share what you've learned.
- Have a meaningful, beautiful sexual experience with someone wonderful. Fuck like there's no tomorrow - make love like there was no yesterday - feel as if this moment is all that will ever be - and share yourself. The most splendid thing you can share with another human being is yourself. If you lack that certain someone special to share such a spectacular experience with, then put yourself out there socially and start meeting people - because you never know when that someone special will come along.
- Put some good into the world. Help someone while expecting nothing in return... or create something to share with others. Give, in whatever way you can.
- Buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Chocolate Fudge Chunk Brownie Fudge Chocolate Super Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream. ...the one with the chocolate... and chunks... you know the one.
- Eat half of said pint of ice cream.
- Breathe in again.
- Breathe out again. I actually recommend doing this far more often than I elude to on my list. The same goes for the sex thing. That's fun. Do it again too.
- Close your eyes and think of something you're thankful for. Enjoy the moment as you enjoy the thought. You'll need to open your eyes for the next item on the list :)
- Look around you. There's something beautiful around you at this very moment. Seriously - there is - at this very moment. Find it. Enjoy it. ...And speaking of things to enjoy...
- Make a list of at least 20 things that make you happy. Write it all down. Are you enjoying these things often enough? If not - change that. Also - on the upper right hand corner of the page, draw a really bigass sun complete with uberdorky rays of light coming out of it. Put a dumb looking smiley somewhere on the page too. Why the hell not.
- Affix said list with bigass sun and smiley to your fridge. I don't care how. Magnets work best of course - especially the over-the-top ultra-dorky dollar store kind.
- Embrace your inner dork. As the say at Nike, just do it.
- Walk up to your mirror and have a conversation with yourself - out loud. OUT LOUD. You know damn well what's wrong in your life, so admit it out loud. That's the first step towards making it better.
- Decide on one positive step to make in your life regarding the conversation you just had with yourself. Take that step.
- Reward yourself for taking that step. As I seem to recall, there's half a pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Chocolate Fudge Chunk Brownie Fudge Chocolate Super Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream in your freezer. Dig in!
- Touch someone in a non-sexual way. Touch is so important. After volunteering tonight with my friend, she dropped me off at home and I gave her a hug in her car. I doubt she'd have let me out of the car without getting her hug - and there's wisdom in that. Meaningful touch is a beautiful thing. You need people, and people need you.
- Make sure your smoke detector has a working battery. Today may be all you've got - you might get hit by a bus later in the day and it will all be over - but it's always good to plan ahead just in case it's not. This is of course just one example. I'd recommend finding at least one more.
- Breathe in again.
- Add items to this list as you see fit
::::: | Wednesday, Jun 09 2004 at 11:05 PM
I changed my smoke alarm batteries yesterday.
My Mom always said:
"If it feels good, over do it!"
::::: | September 2, 2006 10:36 AM
thanks, I needed this list today.
::::: | September 2, 2006 11:59 PM
how hard should i Fuck?
im just kidding, great info
::::: | October 3, 2007 4:27 PM
i was in a really unpleasant spot. i really needed this list to wake me up to smell the shit around me!
thanks a million
::::: | January 28, 2008 8:27 AM
::::: | All Content © 2004-2016
::::: | Jalpuna is hosted by DreamHost