Taking My Own Advice - The List
In yesterdays post, I mentioned the importance of knowing what makes you happy when it comes to leading a happy life. So... far be it from me to not take my own advice.
Here's my list:
These Are The Things That Make Me Happy
- New beginnings
- Bagdad (the theatre, not the city - grin)
- Ice cream with cruchy stuff in it
- The Police, Ghost in the Machine - a classic album!
- The sound of the ocean
- A stroll through The Park Blocks. I walk through them almost every day, but I never fail to enjoy them
- Sore feet from a good hike to a hidden waterfall [Oregon has plenty!]
- The doorknobs that Amelie switched
- Bush's next four years (at the ranch house NOT the White House)
- The Oregon coast... perfect for a day of kite flying
- Red... the wine, the color... etc.
- The Santaland Diaries, by David Sedaris (a Christmas flashback there!)
- The steps at Pioneer Square
- Rainy Sunday mornings
- Walking - anywhere
- The guy who says hello to me every time we pass each other though I have no clue who he is
- The Saturday Market
- Whatever it is that keeps an elevator suspended while I'm in it
- Realizing I was just flirted with! (why do I often notice this after the fact?)
- Being alive
- The Aflac Duck! [the synchronized swimming ad is on TV as I type this... AaaaaaFuuLaaaaaaackckckck!!!!]
- Sweet Potato Pie. Trust me, it's like pumpkin pie, but better. hey - would I lie to you?
- The fact that I know how to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and can use it in a sentence
- The fact that something as stupid as the above thought makes me grin
- Grinning in general - especially when causing someone else to
- Nightswimming by R.E.M. (...of recklessness and water)
- Finding out of the way places while traveling abroad
- Finding out of the way places while here in Portland too
- Samwise Gamgee
- The soundtrack to the movie 'Chelsea Walls'
- When Harry Met Sally - clich' be damned, I still dig it
- Speaking of movies: 'Memento' and 'Seven Years In Tibet'
- Maps, globes, and tales from distant places
- The way time stands still during one of those *moments* - not a sound, not a sound...
- Sitting in a pub, sipping something dark & talking about real life stuff. Or not.
- The way the air smells after the rain stops
- Anything by Wilco
- Romance, (which would top the list if this were in order)
- People watching at the airport
- My sprellchzekcur, :)
- The smell of coffee in the morning
- ...and the warmth from its mug
- dreaming about all that could be and taking steps in the right direction
- a booth for two and a microbrew
- a swingset after dark (a swingset in the park!)
- the fact that I could easily add a hundred more items to this list and yet it still wouldn't be complete.
::::: | Thursday, Jun 10 2004 at 11:15 PM
Love your list - many of your items (if not all) would be on my list as well...
::::: | June 13, 2004 10:55 PM
what if there were two? side by side in orbit, around the fairer sun...
::::: | July 28, 2007 8:50 PM
::::: | All Content © 2004-2016
::::: | Jalpuna is hosted by DreamHost